10 years of fashion with Alice McCall


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Growing up in the country left me in complete admiration for the city of Melbourne. It was the restaurants, fine dining, city skyscrapers and most of all the fashion that pursued my attention. I remember walking in my first fashion show and having to stay in Melbourne for two weeks with my mum (my rock). We stayed at the Novatel on Collins (where I first discovered the beautiful exterior architecture of Tiffany & Co.) As I stayed in Melbourne, I discovered a label called Alice McCall by Alice McCall. Her unique take on her collections were like nothing I had seen, a creative and unique take on classy and elegant pieces.

It was an absolute honor to have worked on the night Alice McCall’s pieces were being featured at Virgin Australia Fashion Festival, with every piece being a stand out. The best thing about Alice McCall’s collections is that you can tell her pieces apart from the rest – like seeing a big yellow ‘M’ logo and knowing very well that it belongs to McDonalds – she has branded her label exceptionally well, which is what I believe is crucial within the fashion industry.

This year, during Mercedes Benz fashion week, Alice McCall celebrated her ten years in the fashion industry, with her pieces taking on a sense of maturity and growth through her new spring/summer collection called ‘flowerdrum’ and in her upcoming ‘In my dreams we were flying’ which is one of her most renowned collections yet.

There was an amazing energy backstage as I examined through her fun collection, which featured glittering shorts, statement clutches, futuristic prints and delightful pastels. Not to mention the beauty behind the look which featured timeless waves with sparkles and a seventies themed eye-make up.
It was truly a successful celebration of Alice’s fun, modern and timeless pieces and I look forward to another ten years of watching her collection blossom.
"I've always thought an amazing outfit comes down to the combination of the detail and the craft - with well-cut tailoring. It's about the balance" Alice McCall states in a recent interview with Broadsheet.